During hot summer days, a properly functioning air conditioner is crucial. What happens when it stops blowing cold air? There are many culprits, some of which you can resolve yourself, and some that require a professional. Here are a few tips:
AC problems that you can solve:
- Check the thermostat – does it need new batteries?
- Check the thermostat – set it to “ON” instead of “AUTO”
- Check the unit’s filter – does it need to be replaced?
- Check the unit’s compressor – do you need to clean the area around it due to buildup of dirt, leaves and other debris? Regular maintenance is important.
- Check the unit’s compressor – check to see if ice build up is on copper coils outside near compressor. If ice found, turn off thermostat and allow 24 hours to thaw out.
If none of those are the issue, then it’s possibly an issue that you should leave to the professionals. This could include a faulty or broken condenser fan motor, low refrigerant charge, refrigerant leak, or a bad compressor. Either way, please give us a call at (866) 500-7064 or submit a maintenance request to your resident portal. We’re here to help!