Are you frustrated every time your bifold doors go off-track? This is often due to a loose top pivot bracket or misalignment. Fortunately, there is an easy way to get it back on track.
Steps to fix a bifold door off track.
- Step 1: Push or pull the top of the closed door until the door is aligned and the edge is parallel to the frame. If needed, open the door and use a screwdriver to slightly loosen the setscrew on the top bracket so the bracket moves a bit, then close the door again.
- Step 2: Once the door is aligned, open the door gently so the top pivot bracket does not slip and stays in the correct position.
- Step 3: Take a screwdriver and tighten the setscrew firmly so that it no longer slides.
- Step 4: You may have to repeat this step several times to get the alignment just right.
- Step 5: If the pivot bracket continues to slide, drill a screw through the track in front of the bracket to prevent it sliding forward.
If you continue to experience an issue with the bifold door, please give your property management company a call or submit a maintenance request to your resident portal. We’re here to help!